Thursday, October 4, 2012

Why did you say "You love me"?

On March 19th, 2012, we celebrated Akhi's 18th month birthday by having a  FAMILY DAY OUT. We started our day with a smash cake, a small nice ice cream cake from ColdStone Creamery. The boys smashed it, stomped on it, applied the frosting/ice cream to themselves and each other.  I would say, they abused the cake so bad, that the cake went straight to the trash can and the boys were carried straight to the bath tub.

After we all got ready, we headed out to Panera Bread and enjoyed a hearty brunch - Mac&Cheese with tomato soup for the boys (that is their regular order at Panera). Then we went to the North East Wisconsin Zoo (a.k.a NEW Zoo). It is a huge zoo, in the sense that there is more walking to do than animals to see. But there were a lion and it's lioness, all the farm animals, 2 giraffes, turkey, monkeys, otters, seals etc etc. We were exhausted by the time we were done with it.  S started to act up just now when we came out of the zoo. C said, "Siddhu, I will leave you near the lion if you continue to act up." For that, S replied "Then in the morning, why did you tell me that you love me. If you leave me near the lion, the lion will roar and scare me. That means you don't love me. " 
Of course, following this set of dialogues was the routine parent/child conversation like "I do not love you when you misbehave etc etc..." S used what his dad said (earlier in the day) to him and in turn questioned his dad about the same - this was what left me totally puzzled. With him growing up, it just puzzles me more and more each day.  Sometimes, I am like "Did I ask my mom/dad these kind of questions???" I am sure I never did, but I 'll confirm on that one of these days - you never know :-P...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment